Friday, February 25, 2011

Book Tunes (4)


Book Tunes is a new meme that will be held on Fridays and the point is to share the book your reading and a song you think represents it. Be sure to include the novel you are reading, the summary, the song you think fits it and an explanation of why you chose that particular song. So snag yourself a button, write a post and link up at the bottom of the page!

*If you link up, starting next month, I'll be giving away a book at the end of every month. Every time you do a post, you get a point do you can get SIX entries for next month! Winner gets to pick what they'd like from The Book Depository! Please link up to enter and put your email in the comment section. Can't wait to hear some new tunes!*


Goodreads Summary:

Theia Alderson has always led a sheltered life in the small California town of Serendipity Falls. But when a devastatingly handsome boy appears in the halls of her school, Theia knows she's seen Haden before- not around town, but in her dreams.

As the Haden of both the night and the day beckons her closer one moment and pushes her away the next, the only thing Theia knows for sure is that the incredible pull she feels towards him is stronger than her fear.

And when she discovers what Haden truly is, Theia's not sure if she wants to resist him, even if the cost is her soul.

The Tune: Going Under by Evanescence 



The Lyrics:

Now I will tell you what I've done for you
50 thousand tears I've cried.
Screaming, deceiving and bleeding for you
And you still won't hear me.
(going under)
Don't want your hand this time I'll save myself.
Maybe I'll wake up for once (wake up for once)
Not tormented daily defeated by you
Just when I thought I'd reached the bottom

I'm dying again

I'm going under (going under)
Drowning in you (drowning in you)
I'm falling forever (falling forever)
I've got to break through
I'm going under

Blurring and stirring the truth and the lies.
(So I don't know what's real)
(So I don't know what's real and what's not)
Always confusing the thoughts in my head
So I can't trust myself anymore

I'm dying again

I'm going under (going under)
Drowning in you (drowning in you)
I'm falling forever (falling forever)
I've got to break through

I'm...

So go on and scream
Scream at me I'm so far away (so far away)
I won't be broken again
I've got to breathe I can't keep going under

I've died again

I'm going under (going under)
Drowning in you (drowning in you)
I'm falling forever (falling forever)
I've got to break through

I'm going under (going under)
I'm going under (drowning in you)
I'm going under



Why This Tune?:


So the truth is, this song is a little obvious. I'm only about 50 pages into this novel and they keep talking about not falling under. This song just screams that message. The story as a whole is a bit dark and I get the same vibe from this song.


So what's a good tune for your latest read?




1 comment:

  1. http://wordsonpaperya.blogspot.com/2011/02/book-tunes-1-thirteen-reasons-why.html

    I love that song by Evanescence, by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen