Friday, April 8, 2011

Book Tunes (10)


Book Tunes is a new meme that will be held on Fridays and the point is to share the book your reading and a song you think represents it. Be sure to include the novel you are reading, the summary, the song you think fits it and an explanation of why you chose that particular song. So snag yourself a button, write a post and link up at the bottom of the page!


Paranormalcy from Goodreads:
Evie’s always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through paranormals’ glamours.
But Evie’s about to realize that she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.
So much for normal.
 The Tune: Bird Without Wings by The Material

The Lyrics:
Lately I've been feeling
Like a bird without its wings
Tell me how can one still fly without the other
My heart is missing a big part
That only you can see
I try so hard to patch the hole with
Friends and leathers
And I know you can save me
If I could learn to let go
I just gotta let go

I could ask him my questions
But I know the answers
I know whats missing from this life
I could search for the meaning
But I know whats waiting
I know I need you in this life

There was a time where I could hear you calling out to me
(calling out to me)
Theres so much noise that its gotten in the way
I know that I could be the girl
You wanted me to be
I just pray you still recognize my face
I know you could save me
If I learn to let go
Learn to let go

I could ask him my questions
But I know the answers
I know whats missing from this life
I could search for the meaning
But I know whats waiting
I know I need you in this life

You were the one beside my fate
You were the wind upon my cheeck
I'm letting go of everything
Cause now I believe
You were the one beside my fate
You were the wind upon my cheeck
Each breath is a gift you've given me
And now I believe

I know you can save me
If I could learn to let go
I just gotta let go

I could ask him my questions
But I know the answers
I know whats missing from this life
I could search for the meaning
But I know whats waiting
I know I need you in this life
Need you in this life
In this life




Why this tune?:


This song reminded me a lot of Lend and Evie's relationship. Evie struggles with reconciling the IPCA she knows with the IPCA that Lend and his father tell her about. She is working on trusting herself, asking herself the difficult questions and facing the answers even though she might not like them. I feel like Lend was the catalyst for Evie's self-discovery. She knew the answers, she just needed someone to tell her the right questions to ask. She knew her life was missing a lot of things. Lend just showed her that she didn't have to.

1 comment:

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen