TEAser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:
Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles!
Happy Birthday To Me by Brian Rowe
"Ok," Dr.Carol said. "Let's not beat around the bush." He looked up at my parents and refrained to look at me for the next part. "Mr. and Mrs. Martin, this is the conclusion we've come to. Your son appears to be a normal, healthy twenty-eight-year-old man."
--Pg. 104 of "Happy Birthday To Me" by Brian Rowe
I've got to say, I'm about halfway done with this novel and the writing is really good. The male lead is funny and charming and the voice is just wonderful. I can't wait to see how it ends!
What's your teaser?
Top Ten Tuesday is a 10's list meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. There is a different question every week!
Top Ten Book Endings That Left Me With My Mouth Hanging Open (because of the cliffhanger or because it the ending was MINDBLOWING, etc.)
I'm choosing all the books that had cliffhangers that left me crying for more. So there are definitely some great endings to books like The Harry Potter series and the Gemma Doyle series but this list is strictly for cliffhangers.
1) The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkins- The major question is who is Mara Dyer? I though I knew until this book ended with a sucker punch to the jaw. Now I'm going to have to wait for the next installment to figure out.
2) Nightshade by Andrea Cremer- Everything is going to work out and your characters that you love are all going to be safe. Just kidding! This ending left me scared crapless for Calla.
3) Original Sin by Lisa Desrochers- I was recently talking to Ms. Desrochers on Twitter and said that OS has a "curled up naked in the shower biting your knees wishing you were dead kinda" ending and I wasn't lying. I got to the end of this book and promptly shook it for more details. Is Luc alright? What about Frannie and Luc together? I honestly just don't know.
4) Torment by Lauren Kate- The name fits pretty perfectly. Again, I'm left not knowing whether Luce is okay or not and I'm not okay with it!
5) Eve by Anna Carey- Eve is questing for the place where everything will be okay. She gets there and then nothing is what we thought it would be.
6) Divergent by Veronica Roth- One faction has fallen and they are fleeing from another. I'm glad that Four and Tris were okay and standing tall together but I'm not sure how they are going to pick up all those crumbling pieces.
7) Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins- The Hunger Games started the balling rolling and catching fire busted through the gates. It was torture waiting for Mockingjay to come out and tell me which of my beloved characters weren't going to make it.
8) Linger by Maggie Stiefvater- We've got another ending where everything seems like it's going to be okay and the conclusion is so shocking it left me quivering in the snow for Forever.
9) Illusions by Aprilynne Pike- It's all up in the air. I know who Laurel should pick but I have no idea who she will end up choosing. The tension was so good in this one that I can't wait for the final installment!
10) Soul Thief by Jana Oliver- Uh, Riley? Beck? What the heck is happening and would you two stop freaking out and talk with each other? Also, hello surprise character at the ending!Q Did you enjoy making me freak out out loud?
Which books had endings that made you scream?