TEAser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:
Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles!
Ashfall by Mike Mullin
"...A year from now, the house will be as good as new, and you'll be cracking joke about this."
I nodded wearily and straightened up, Darren's hand still a comfortabl weight on my shoulder.
Then the explosions started.--Pg. 18 of "Ashfall" by Mike Mullin
I'm only about 50 pages into this one but wow, it's really scary. Perfect Halloween book folks. I really like the main character and can't wait to follow him on his journey through a ruined world!
Top Ten Tuesday is a 10's list meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. There is a different question every week and all you have to do is answer their question with your top ten results!
Top Ten Books I Judged Based on the CoverI need to start this out by saying that I always judge a book by it's cover. It's not the deciding factor but it has a lot to do with whether I'll continue to check it out.
1) The Chemical Garden Trilogy by Lauren DeStefano- I definitely lusted after the first novel because of that gorgeous cover. I could look at it all day. Simon & Schuster didn't disappoint with the second one either though this time, I know that the story inside is just as good as the cover on the outside.
2) Hush Hush Saga by Becca Fitzpatrick- I saw Hush Hush in a bookstore and ripped the thing off the shelf. I didn't even care what it was about because that cover was so flipping gorgeous. If, for some reason, this weren't a series, I'd still buy everyone of those books based on their covers. Absolutely beautiful!
3) The Wolves of Mercy Falls Trilogy by Maggie Stiefvater- I was drawn to Shiver because it was so different than everything else out there. It was white and cold and refreshing. I wanted to be there. I feel like the covers just get better too!
4) Abandon by Meg Cabot- I've seen a lot if girls in dresses before but this one takes the cake. The odd color combination of brown, white and gold, the way the girl stretches over all the cover and the gorgeous font had me hooked. I had to have this one before I found out what it was even about.
5) Matched Series by Ally Condie- I'm not as much in love with the second cover as I was with the first one though I like what it represents. Matched is gorgeous from the model's pose to the color scheme to the font.
6) Wondrous Strange Trilogy by Lesley Livingston- All of these novels have a darkness about them that really sets the tone for the story. They are enchanting like every good faerie book should be! Plus, you have to love Kelley's red hair!
7) Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma- Everything about this cover works. It's interesting, mysterious and raws the eye.
8) Halo Series by Alexandra Adornetto- My husband picked up a copy of Halo and said "wow" (he's a digital artist). When he did this, I knew without a doubt that my suspicions of this being one of the best covers I've seen was right on the money. I still haven't read it but would pick it up again and again because of the cover.
9) (Original covers) Nightshade & Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer- Yup, I had to add the original covers. They look so magical and really jump off the shelf (Nightshade does anyway since Wolfsbane never came out) The new covers are okay but don't hold a candle to these.
10) Small Town Sinners by Melissa Walker- I wanted to add one more contemporary novel on here and this was my choice. I love the girl in the background and the apple with a heart bitten out of it in the foreground. It's so intriguing and I wanted this book immediately.
There's my list. What have you fallen in love with based on cover alone?