Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 End of the Year Book Survey

This survey is created by The Perpetual Page-Turner. For even more fun, go to the page and link up your survey so you can look at other people's answers!

1. Best Book You Read In 2011?

I've got to give my top 5 here because it's too hard to narrow down:

-Divergent by Veronica Roth
-The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
-Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
-Anna Dressed In Blood by Kendare Blake
-Shifting by Bethany Wiggins

2. Most Disappointing Book/Book You Wish You Loved More Than You Did?

Lost Voices by Sarah Porter- I really wanted to love this one because I like this idea of mermaids. Unfortunately I just couldn't get through the slow pacing and never felt attached to the characters.

3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2011?

The Demon Trapper's Daughter series by Jana Oliver because I just wasn't expecting to fall in love with these characters so quickly and I was entrance by the world they inhabited.

Also, Shifting by Bethany Wiggins which just blew me away when I opened it and made me mad I hadn't read it the second it came out.

4. Book you recommended to people most in 2011?

Hands down Divergent by Veronica Roth and The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. Can't say enough about these fabulous books. Also, right around Halloween I was throwing Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender and Anna Dressed In Blood by Kendare Blake around like they were candy.

5. Best series you discovered in 2011?

I'm going to say that this question means several books already out and not the start of a series (or I'd be in trouble).

Definitely The Body Finder series by Kimberly Derting.

The Demon Trapper's Daughter series by Jana Oliver, Firelight series by Sophie Jordan, Paranormalcy series by Kiersten White and Stork series by Wendy Delsol.

6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2011?

Too many to list... Veronica Roth, Michelle Hodkin, Kimberly Derting.

7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?

The Art of Dancing in the Rain by Garth Stein was way out of my usual reading and it broke my heart in all the right ways,

8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2011?

Again, I have to go with Divergent by Veronica Roth. I was late for plans because I was reading this novel.

9. Book you most anticipated in 2011?

The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler and Legend by Marie Lu. Both of which I haven't had a chance to read. Also Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi which I did read and wasn't disappointed with.

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2011?

                                             
Has to be Wither by Lauren DeStefano. Not only is this an excellent novel but that cover gets prettier every time I look at it!



11. Most memorable character in 2011?

Noah Shaw from The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2011?

Toss up between The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab, Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi and Wither by Lauren DeStefano.

13. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2011 to finally read?

The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting. It's too good to wait!

14. Book That You Read In 2011 That Would Be Most Likely To Reread In 2012?

If I re-read anything it'll either be Divergent by Veronica Roth or The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin.

15. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!

Divergent by Veronica Roth (the whole thing), The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (the whole thing and particularly the parts with Noah), Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi (the whole thing but mainly the writing) and Wither by Lauren DeStefano (the beginning with the gun shots).


Book Blogging/Reading Life in 2011:

1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2011?

I made two lists on my blog of blogs I'm thankful. You can check it out here and here. The list had blogs like Reading Angel, Pure Imagination, Xpresso Reads, and Cheezyfoot Books.

But I'd like to add One Page At A Time which is one of the blogs I was looking for but couldn't remember the name. KM's reviews are always really helpful, she has insightful posts and she's very sweet.

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2010?

Has to be my review for Victoria Schwab's The Near Witch which I tried to write to match the beauty of the writing. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi is another one.

3. Best discussion you had on your blog?

I have loads of great discussions on my blog. I have a weekly post called Saturday Discussions where I chat about all sorts of things. I'm fond of my most recent talking about how I feel when authors comment on blog posts.

4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?

          

This one is pretty easy. I went to YALLfest which was loads of fun. Not only did I get to see historical Charleston but I got to meet a lot of amazing authors including Michelle Hodkin, Kimberly Derting, Beth Revis, Diana Peterfreund and others! I had a blast!


5. Best moment of book blogging in 2011?

Anytime someone recognizes me from my blog-- either author or other blogger. Eating dinner with Angela from Reading Angel is high up there as well as finally getting to meet my little sis Jessica from The Midnight Bookworm.


6. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?

It was YA Bachelor Voting Open!

7. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?

My Happily Ever Endings posts. They are book ending summaries for series novels. Basically, in about four paragraphs, I recap what happened in the last 100 pages of books. This feature has grown so that three other people help me. I know they are viewed but I love to get more comments on them so I know people are using them!

8. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?

Well, I finally sat down and figured out what BEA is all about. And now, I'm planning a trip to New York for next year's BEA! I can't wait!

9. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?


I did complete the 2011 Debut Author Challenge which is exciting. I didn't end up reading 100 books like I had originally planned but I did manage to finish writing my novel so it washes out for me. 
Looking Ahead...

1. One Book You Didn't Get To In 2011 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2012?

The Furture of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler as well as Legend by Marie Lu, Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins and The Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor.

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2012?

Loads of them. Seriously, a lot. I'm going to say Something Strange and Wicked by Dennard, Incarnate by Meadows and Where It Began are very high up there.

3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging in 2012?

Make more amazing friends, meet more authors and bloggers, read even more books and hopefully get my own novel polished enough to snag an agent!

Did you take this survey?

2 comments:

  1. Great answers! I didn't expect a survey about being a blogger and the world of blogging. ^.^ Can't wait to see what you have in-store for us next year!

    Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG *sputters* I GOT MENTIONED AS A FAVORITE!!!!!! THANKS :D

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen