Friday, December 9, 2011

Book Tunes (32)


Book Tunes is a new meme that will be held on Fridays and the point is to share the book your reading and a song you think represents it. 

Want to join in?:
  • Write up a post
  • Tell me the book you are reading, the song you picked and why
  • Link up by leaving the URL to your posts in the comments
Shifting by Bethany Wiggins
After bouncing from foster home to foster home, Magdalene Mae is transferred to what should be her last foster home in the tiny town of Silver City, New Mexico. Now that she's eighteen and has only a year left in high school, she's determined to stay out of trouble and just be normal. Agreeing to go to the prom with Bridger O'Connell is a good first step. Fitting in has never been her strong suit, but it's not for the reasons most people would expect-it all has to do with the deep secret that she is a shape shifter. But even in her new home danger lurks, waiting in the shadows to pounce. They are the Skinwalkers of Navajo legend, who have traded their souls to become the animal whose skin they wear-and Maggie is their next target. 
Full of romance, mysticism, and intrigue, this dark take on Navajo legend will haunt readers to the final page.
The Tune: Always by Panic! At The Disco

The Lyrics:
When the world gets too heavy
Put it on my back
I'll be your levy
You are taking me apart
Like bad glue
On a get well card

It was always you
Falling for me
Now there's always time
Calling for me
I'm the light blinking at the end of the road
Blink back to let me know

I'm a fly that's trapped
In a web
But I'm thinking that
My spider's dead
Oh, lonely, lonely little life
I could kid myself
Thinking that I'm fine

It was always you
Falling for me
Now there's always time
Calling for me
I'm the light blinking at the end of the road
Blink back to let me know

That I'm skin and bone
Just a cane and rusty throne
Oh, the castle's under siege
But the sign outside says "Leave me alone"

It was always you
Falling for me
Now there's always time
Calling for me
I'm the light blinking at the end of the road
Blink back to let me know
(It was always you)
Blink back to let me know
(It was always you)

This tune reminds me so much of Bridger and Maggie Mae's relationship. They both fight their feelings for each other but in the end, it's still got to be each other. I feel like these two really let their friendship blossom into something beautiful, they were always there for each other and that was something that Maggie Mae really didn't know the meaning of. I also think this fits because it was always one fighting the other about their feelings, waiting for the other to "blink back and let them know" when they were ready.

What tune fits the book you're reading?

3 comments:

  1. Great choice! I loved this book so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Choice!

    I picked Vengeance by Michelle Madow :)

    http://www.abouttoread.com/2011/12/book-tunes-vengeance.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a music genius. This song is total perfection. Thank you!!! I am going to itunes right now to buy it.

    --Bethany

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen