Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (65) & Top Ten Tuesday (11)


TEAser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others!
Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles!

Legacy by Molly Cochran
Peter shouted, running to the window. I saw him lifting it open as he screamed into the night, saw his wild eyes watching me fall. And behind him was Eric smiling sweetly.
--Pg. 263 of "Legacy" by Molly Cochran

I'm liking this one well enough but I am still a bit confused. I'm waiting to pass a final verdict on this one until after I've finished it.

What is your teaser?




Top Ten Tuesday is a 10's list meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. There is a different question every week and all you have to do is answer their question with your top ten results!
Top Ten Books I Want To Give As Gifts
This is a fun topic and since I'm giving one as a gift, I've already got a place to start! Unfortunately (or maybe not) a lot of my lists look pretty similar because the books I love will always end up making it on a list one way or another!


1) Wither by Lauren DeStefano- This is the book I bought for someone. The beginning still haunts me. I can still close my eyes and hear the guns sounding off as Rhine rides away in a limo. Can't wait to give this to my friend.


2) Divergent by Veronica Roth- This is my favorite book of the year. Any chance I get, I slap it in someone's hands and say that they must. must read it so it's only natural I'd want to give it away!


3) The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin- You like knitting? Good, read this book. You like underwater basket weaving? I've got the book just for you! You like hot tea on a cold day? I've got just the thing to go with that! I fell in love with this book and want to give it out whenever I can!


4) Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi- I was reading this one at work and I looked over at my friend and said "you need to read this book" so she stopped what she was reading once I was finished with my copy and dove in. Then she got her husband to read it!


5) The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins- Every time I give someone these books, I feel like I've solved world hunger. They mean so much to me that I just want everyone to feel the way I do!


6) The Gemma Doyle series by Libba Bray- These are the books that got me into YA so naturally, they hold a very special place in my heart. I want to fantasy lovers everywhere to come over to the "YA" side and sharing these certainly does help!


7) The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein- A non-YA book. I know, I'm impressed too! This novel touched my cold cold heart and melted it. I'd love to give that feeling to someone else.


8) Shifting by Bethany Wiggins- I think I'm actually going to buy this one for a friend. I feel in love with the book and I want to share it!


9) The Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Maggie Stiefvater- I hope I haven't kept it a secret on this blog but I think Stiefvater is one of the best writers YA has today. Her prose is so completely gorgeous it's astounding.

10) Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling- Everyone should know about the boy who lived. They should all get to go to Hogwarts and get introduced to magic and walk the halls of the castle. If I give that gift to just one person, I feel like I've done something!


As you can see, it's books I've loved that make this list. I want to share them and give people the same experience I had with them! What made your list?

9 comments:

  1. Wow! What a teaser! Did sweet-smiling Eric push her out the window?
    My Teaser is from Ride to Raton, and you'll find it here:
    http://iousex.blogspot.com/2011/12/teaser-tuesday-dec-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read half of these, but I know that most of them are books I'd love to have as a gift ;) Awesome list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great teaser! I've been curious about Legacy.

    My TT: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/teaser-tuesday-2-eve.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a really good book, I really like the teaser. Come check out my TT!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2011/12/teaser-tuesday_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome list!!! This is another top ten I wish I participated in!

    Magical Urban Fantasy Reads
    bookluvrmindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Divergent is all over the place today! It's so good. I am looking forward to Shatter Me. Here is my list http://wp.me/pzUn5-H0

    ReplyDelete
  7. Divergent, Shatter Me & The Hunger Games made my top ten as well!

    My Top Ten: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-i-want-to.html

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Amber, that was an awesome teaser, I'm pretty sure I have this one on my list but now I have to check and make sure ;)
    Tristan @ Reads With Wreckless Abandon

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen