Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (66) and Top Ten Tuesday (12)


TEAser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others!
Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles!

Switched by Amanda Hocking
"This is Forening," Finn gestured to the hidden houses peeking out among the green foliage.
"It's breathtaking," I admitted. I am totally in awe."
"It's all yours." Hie dark eyes meet mine, emphasizing the severity of his words.
--Pg. 175 of an ARC of "Switched" by Amanda Hocking

I'm almost finished with this novel and am enjoying it. The concept is good, the writing is solid and it's about a different kind of paranormal creature which I really like. Can't wait to see how it ends!

What's your teaser?

Top Ten Tuesday is a 10's list meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. There is a different question every week and all you have to do is answer their question with your top ten results!
Top Ten Books I Hope Santa Brings
1) The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern- I've heard so many good things about this novel that I just need to have it for Christmas.


2) Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally- This is another one that I've heard really good things about. I love the idea of a girl playing football!


3) Illuminated by Erica Orloff- Haven't heard much about this one but the summary sounds awesome and that cover is so flipping pretty!


4) The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder- This looks like such a heartwarming read and every review I've read has just been so supportive and positive.


5) Perfect Chemistry series by Simone Elkeles- I've said no to this series over and over but everyone on the net seems to love this so I've got to get it and find out what I'm missing!


6) Touch by Jus Accardo- I've been wanting this one for a while now because the summary sounded so awesome. Plus, again, everyone seems to love it!


7) Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes- I actually haven't heard too much about this one but the concept sounds awesome!


8) On The Fringe by Courtney King Walker- Isn't that cover gorgeous? I've really wanted to read this one. Hope it's under my tree!


9) Dearly Departed by Lia Habel- I've heard mixed reviews on this one so I want to read it and find out for myself. I can't believe that a zombie is the hero in this one!


10) All The Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin- I've heard nothing but amazing things about this novel. I really want to read it. Love that chocolate is contraband. 


So that's my list. What are you hoping Santa brings you?

10 comments:

  1. I've read switched and I really like it :). Oh and you have to read Illuminated its so good!!! Here is my teaser: http://wordsfeelingssilence.blogspot.com/2011/12/teaser-tuesday-clockwork-prince.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Switched! I can't wait to read it; I keep hearing good things about it.

    My TT.

    I was so excited for The Night Circus until I read some reviews. From what I read it was a huge disappointment. I actually borrowed a copy from the library twice and didn't get past the first chapter (though that was mostly my fault, not the book's & I definitely plan on reading it once the craziness of the holidays dies down).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your teaser! :)

    My TT: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/teaser-tuesday-3-carrier-of-mark.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Night Circus is my favorite book this year...it's SO magical and incredible. There are some other wonderful ones, but this edged above the rest a little for me. I read Touch, and I loved it! It was SO MUCH FUN! I really loved Dearly, Departed too...it had a dash of humor in it that I found charming.

    Like you, I really want to get on the Perfect Chemistry train. I've shrugged it off for awhile, but everyone and their brother seems to say it's wonderful!

    Switched it coming up this week for me. I LOVE the new edition cover...so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sound & cover of Switched! Thanks for bringing it to my attention, i hadn't heard of it before. Fab teasers!

    Here's my TT this week:
    http://ttoria.blogspot.com

    TToria
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Switched looks so interesting! Great teaser :)

    Kelly
    Radiant Shadows | Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've never read PERFECT CHEMISTRY? Say yes to it! Say yes! It's incredible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice top 10 list. I'm hoping to get Catching Jordan, and Dearly, Departed. They sound awesome. Hope you get what you're wishing for, and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adored The Night Circus, and would advise no end of people to read it at some point. And can be weird, and I can sort of understand where people who dislike it are coming from, but I think it's the unique style of it.

    Dearly Departed is so weird. I couldn't begin to guess what anyone's opinion on it would. Messed up romance, or exploration of love? Dystopia or Zombie Apocalypse? It's all subjective here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope Santa gives you all of these. some I haven't heard of, but they all look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen