Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Teaser Tuesday(67) and Top Ten Tuesday (13)

TEAser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others!
Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles!

Jessica Rules the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey
"Si," Raniero confirmed. "I am fortunate that those who witnessed my act did not destroy me that night."
--Pg. 136 of "Jessica Rules the Dark Side" by Beth Fantaskey

I've got to say I'm not as wild about this one I was hoping I'd be. I've still got about half the book left so I'm really hoping it picks up and leaves me breathless like the first!

What's your teaser?




Top Ten Tuesday is a 10's list meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. There is a different question every week and all you have to do is answer their question with your top ten results!
Top Ten Books of 2011
I've actually just recently done a post like this. For full details, go here. But here are the books I included in my top 10 (these are not in order).

  1. Divergent by Veronica Roth
  2. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
  3. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
  4. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
  5. Anna Dressed In Blood by Kendare Blake
  6. Wither by Lauren DeStefano
  7. Shifting by Bethany Wiggins
  8. Across The Universe by Beth Revis
  9. Matched by Ally Condie
  10. The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting

What books made your top 10?

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for this. Love your blog. =)

    http://pasigmom.blogspot.com/2011/12/whatcha-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Top Ten list! We have a few in common---and few that were on my original list that I had to pare down to get to 10! :D I need to read Divergent! I seems to be on everyone's list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the list - I haven't read any of those books yet - but Anna & Mara are on my "to be read" list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reading this one right now. I didn't remember the first one very well until I got into this one and saw the chapters from alternate viewpoints. I will have to admit that I am finding Lucius's letters entertaining. I have a teaser from Winterling by Sarah Prinieas and from Magic Gifts by Ilona Andrews this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Divergent too! It's such a good book, isn't it? And I'm currently reading Matched, which I'm really liking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just read Wither a few weeks ago, and followed it immediately with Fever and was BLOWN AWAY. I couldn't believe the beauty of the writing mixed with the horrific nature of the story. It was incredible. Definitely on my list as well. I put Fever on there too, even though it wasn't released in 2011. I also just recently read Divergent (later than most people!) and liked it, even though I didn't put it on my list.

    It was so hard to narrow down to just 10. This was really a great, great year for books, and I also read some from past years for the first time that I really loved. Your list is so great - and the ones that I haven't read yet are all on my TBR. We think similarly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer is on my list, too! It's such a great book and I can't wait for the sequel!!! (:

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm actually really looking forward to Jessica Rules the Dark Side.

    My TT: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/teaser-tuesdays-is-weekly-bookish-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list. I've read most of these (and love them) and the rest are already on my TBR list!

    ~Nikki @ Imaginative Adventure

    Check out my Top ten. Plus my top two favorite books giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Miss Peregrine and (of course) The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer are on my list too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen