Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Top Ten Book Boyfriends of 2011

Top 10 of 2011 is an event going on all week long hosted by Jessica from Confessions of a Bookaholic, Lisa from A Life Bound By Books, Rachel from Fiktshun and Jamie and Patricia from Two Chicks on Books. It's a feature where we are talking about our favorites of this year and next year for an entire week!

1) Four from Divergent by Veronica Roth- Four pretty much personified the perfect man for me. Strong, rugged and with just the right amount of tenderness, he was absolutely one of the best guys I've ever encountered in fiction. I love him because he respects Tris and wants them to be on equal footing. He is brave, willingly conquering his fears, and he's not so sweet he's going to rot my teeth out with the things he says. If Veronica Roth had given him an Irish accent, I don't think I'd have recovered from this book ever.

2) Noah Shaw from The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin- Noah can essentially charm the clothes right off you. Devilishly wicked with a sharp tongue and quick wit, he's one of a kind in fiction. There are novels that go through great lengths to tell you how hot a lead male is and then there are novels that let the leading guy show you. Noah is the second category. I was so determined not to like him in the beginning because I just wanted to roll my eyes but by god, when he is driving Mara with a cigarette hanging loosely from his lips (a habit I can't stand and love him for anyway) and his unruly hair catching in the sunlight I was literally drooling. Pretty much every word out of Noah's mouth makes me love him more.

3) Cas from Anna Dressed In Blood by Kendare Blake- It's pretty easy to figure out why I fell in love with Cas. He's funny, sarcastic and the best of both of the Supernatural boys. I'd hang with him any day! Plus, as much as he doesn't want to admit it, he's kind of a romantic.

4) Beck from The Demon Trapper's Daughter series by Jana Oliver- Beck is definitely rough around the edges but when it comes to being loyal to someone, he's absolutely the guy you want in your corner. Plus, you just know that he'd love you forever and probably piss you the heck off but it would definitely be passionate.

5) Logan from Touch of Frost series by Jennifer Estep- Logan is the guy all the girl's want. I think there is a lot more to him than we know about and he just sound smoking. There is something really sexy about a guy who can pick up anything and know how to kill someone with it. I'd always feel safe!

6) Adam from Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi- I really like a guy in uniform and Adam is totally that. He's dangerous, passionate and completely loyal. But on top of that, he's really sweet with his brother and so tender to Juliette because she's so damaged. Easy to see why he makes my heart race.

7) Jay from The Body Finder series by Kimberly Derting- I love that Jay is a regular guy and can only do things that regular guys can. He isn't some super strong, super smart kid but he does everything in his power to make Violet safe. Plus, he's so stinking sweet to her. Derting did an awesome job of making him desirable but also just a regular guy.

8) Luc from Personal Demons series by Lisa Desrochers- Hello, sexy sexy demon. Heck, through the intense love he had for Frannie, he was able to withstand the tortures of Hell. If that is devotion, I'm not sure what is. I love that Luc is always striving to make himself better. Plus, you know he's passionate. I've read all about those spine-tingling kisses.

9) Bridger from Shifting by Bethany Wiggins- Bridger is just this enigma. I can't ever tell what he's thinking and I loved how he was so manly. He liked odd sports and was really into his heritage. Plus, he was witty, knew exactly the right things to say and was really patient with Maggie Mae.

10) Xander from Matched series by Ally Condie- I could easily choose Ky here too. I'm team undecided because they are both good choices but I feel like Xander is such a true friend and I respect his loyalty. I love that he is willing to be unhappy so Cassia can be happy but he makes it clear that he isn't giving up. He's thoughtful and kind, everything I could fall for!

Those are my book boyfriends this year. It was really hard to narrow down the list but I feel like there are plenty of guys to fall in love with here! Who did you add?

15 comments:

  1. Awesome choices - I love Four, Noah and Jay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, yes to Bridger! I loved him! I also really loved Cas. :) Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Four, Noah, and Adam are also among my fave YA boys who would top my book boyfriends of the year list too if I had to write one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I love many of the boys you mentioned, especially Adam :) As for the rest, I'll be reading the books soon!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your list! Four, Adam, and Noah are on my mine too. I haven't read the others but I hope I get to soon. I'm especially dying to read Anna Dressed in Blood.

    Teen Readers' Diary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely agree with you on Beck there. Such a hottie *swoon*.<3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love your list!! I love you explain all your reasons for your LOVE. Man, these guys do sound amazing!! Bridger sounds like my fave.
    My Top Boys of 2011

    Kristin @myparahangover

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm also pretty confused between Xander and Ky, I looved Ky in the first book, but on the second book I found myself leaning more towards Xander land... Holy hell! Good list here, I've only read about 2 or 3 books off this list xD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Noah is on my list too!

    My Boyfriends: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/top-10-book-boyfriends-in-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Adam so much! I think he is my favorite this year! Great list.

    My Top 10 book boyfriends in 2011

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVED Four so much! He made my list too. Wasn't a huge fan of Adam and Ive been seeing Luc and Personal Demons about a lot on these lists so I really need to check that out.

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Noah, Jay, Beck, and Logan! They would all be in my top picks if I was actually doing the 2011 top posts.

    I hope you find more men to drool over in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow great list! The ones I haven't read and loved are on my wishlist! I actually just received Personal Demon and book 2 in the mail today I was wondering if it was any good.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I'm somewhat behind in the book world! I haven't read any of these, but I need to! Awesome list :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. only read about logan *facepalm* 4got about him
    likely i will meet them in the future
    my top 10

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen