Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Top Ten Book Covers of 2011

Top 10 of 2011 is an event going on all week long hosted by Jessica from Confessions of a Bookaholic, Lisa from A Life Bound By Books, Rachel from Fiktshun and Jamie and Patricia from Two Chicks on Books. It's a feature where we are talking about our favorites of this year and next year for an entire week!
Top Ten Covers of 2011
These are in no particular order, I like all of the Top 10 equally!

1) Wither by Lauren DeStefano- We've all noticed and bragged about it but this was the year of pretty dresses and I think Wither has one of the prettiest I've seen. I love everything about this cover from the deep blue color to the bird trapped in a small cage.

2) Nightshade by Andrea Cremer- This old cover is wild and fierce and gorgeous. I see what Shay saw when he talks about Calla and I really like that. Plus, the blood spattered lilies are wonderful!

3) The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin- Mara is one heck of a dark novel and I feel like this cover represents that. Something dark is dragging Mara down, threatening to drown her. So stinking pretty!

4) Die for Me by Amy Plum- Though I own this novel, I haven't gotten a chance to read it yet. I fell in love with the deep wine color of this dress and the Eiffel tower peeking out in the background.

5) Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick- I was so excited when I saw this cover because Patch and Nora were finally featured together. I love the dramatic pose with the water in the background.

6) Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma- I'm pretty sure this cover should be on everyone's list. When I go into a bookstore that color blue still jumps out at me on the shelves. I love everything about this one!

7) Shatter Souls by Mary Lindsey- Oh my goodness, this cover is just breathtaking. Another dress cover but with the gorgeous twist of making it fade into flowers. I love the model's pose too.

8) Hereafter by Tara Hudson- This is an almost dress cover. Everything from the coloring to the background makes this cover stunning. I'd have loved to see what the dress actually looked like.

9) Tris and Izzie by Mette Ivie Harrison- Sadly, I've heard this novel doesn't match up to it's amazing cover but man, this cover is beyond beautiful. I want to live on that lake!


10) Unearthly by Cynthia Hand- This cover is just so graceful which fits since it's an angel novel. The picture does it no justice because in person there is silver foil on the lettering.

Honorable Mentions:

11) The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter- This chick makes laying in lush green forest oh so fab! I love the Greek like design around the novel and the model's pose.

12) Fury by Elizabeth Miles- The burning orange hair mixed with the yellow lettering and deep but muted green bow make this cover completely captivating.


13) The Space Between by Brenna Yovanoff- This looks so lush and dark like a fairytale go wrong which is perfect for a Yovanoff story since that's what she writes!

14) Juliet Immortal by Stacy Jay- I love the girl on the edge of the cliff with the bright pink/red dress. It's so beautiful and represents Juliet's plight.

These are most definitely some of my favorite covers of this year. I'm sure when I pop around, I'll see a bunch that I missed but as of right now I'm very happy with these choices! What covers did you love in 2011?

10 comments:

  1. Juliet Immortal's cover is breathtaking! The color contrast is so pretty. Heck, all the covers are so pretty! Here's my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shattered Souls, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer and Tris & Izzie are gorgeous! Awesome list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! We share a lot ;) Nightshade was especially beautiful but I didn't include it on mine since it was a 2010 release. Shame Wolfsbane's original cover didn't stick!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your list!! I have a few of the same but I'm glad to see The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer on your list - I missed including that one! Imaginary Girls is an amazing cover I've never seen before. You're right, it should be on everyone's list!
    My Top Covers of 2011

    Kristin @myparahangover

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent choices, these are all gorgeous covers! I swear 2011 was the year for incredible covers. It makes me eager to see what people will come up with next year, and what some of the new trends will be. Loving your blog, I can't believe I haven't been here before! New follower. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are spot-on with every single one of these covers. The only one I'd add is The Night Circus. But I can't help myself, I'm a bit obsessed with that book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many pretty covers this year, weren't there? I'd add Shatter Me. Love Nightshade's cover with the blood and the lily.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your list! We have the Mara Dyer and Wither covers in common.

    My Covers: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/top-10-book-covers-of-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking at all of those covers I really think it was the year of the pretty dresses. Most covers seemed to have a girl in a fancy dress. As pretty as this is I hope that it changes up a little in 2012, we need something fresh for YA covers.

    Thanks for posting your favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. THE GODDESS TEST would have been on my honorable mentions list, as well, if I'd had one. lol And I've got to agree that IMAGINARY GIRLS has a freakin incredible cover! I haven't gotten to read this book yet, but every time I see that cover, I want to.

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen