Friday, December 30, 2011

Top Ten Books I'm Looking Forward to in 2012

Top 10 of 2011 is an event going on all week long hosted by Jessica from Confessions of a Bookaholic, Lisa from A Life Bound By Books, Rachel from Fiktshun and Jamie and Patricia from Two Chicks on Books. It's a feature where we are talking about our favorites of this year and next year for an entire week! 

This time we are looking ahead to book of 2012. There are so many great ones coming out! Here are my picks in no order:

1) Tempest by Julia Cross- I love the combo of time traveling and a male narrator. Can't wait to read this one!

2) Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer- The epic conclusion to Calla's story. Who will she choose- Ren or Shay? I'm not sure who I want her with in the end.
 
3) Insurgent by Veronica Roth- The second installment to Divergent. Enough said.
4) A Million Suns by Beth Revis- Fell in love with Across the Universe and I heard this second novel is even better.

5) Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake- I have to find out what happens to Anna. In the worst way.
 
6) Fracture by Megan Miranda- Love the concept and the trailer for this novel just made me want to read it more.

7) Slide by Jill Hathaway- I got to beta read this novel in an earlier draft and I have to see how it changed.

8) The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith- I love that this story is set for one day. I can't wait to see these characters meet and sparks fly!
 
9) The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg- This just sounds like such an amazing read.

10) For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund- I love Ramapnt so I can't wait to see how Ms/ Peterfreund does dystopian!
11) The Selection by Kiera Cass- Another dystopian with a unique spin. I really like that the guy she's set up with might actually be someone she call fall in love with.
12) Incarnate by Jodi Meadows- This cover blew me away and then I read the concept and had to have the novel.

13) Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard- Smart guys rock! Looks like a fun read with an interesting concept I don't think I've seen before.

14) Where It Began by Ann Redisch Stampler- You knew I had to have one contemp on here and this has to be it. It looks like such a beautiful read!

15) Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi- I've been reading such positive reviews for this novel that I can't help but drool over it!

And there could be a million more on this list. Seriously, it fluctuates and expands every single day. These are just a few off the top of my head.

What are your picks?

6 comments:

  1. Great list! All these books sound absolutely amazing, plus they all have gorgeous covers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG A MILLION SUNS is awesome!!!! It totally blew my mind. Now I'm just super sad that I have to wait a freakin year before I get the last one. Lame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TSPOLAFS is AWESOME :D Slide and Incarnate both look AMAZING, and their covers are so pretty :) There are a couple on your list I haven't heard of but they look awesome so I shall have to add them to my TBR ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I've read (and LOVED) some of these and as for the rest…eagerly awaiting their release! Quite a few didn't make it to my Top Ten but I'm ready to dive in <3

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm honored to find Where It Began on your Looking Forward list! So many of your selections are must-reads for me, I'm thrilled to be included.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm SO excited about Slide, UtNS, Something Strange and Deadly and For Darkness shows the Stars! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen