Thursday, December 29, 2011

Top Ten Characters of 2011

Top 10 of 2011 is an event going on all week long hosted by Jessica from Confessions of a Bookaholic, Lisa from A Life Bound By Books, Rachel from Fiktshun and Jamie and Patricia from Two Chicks on Books. It's a feature where we are talking about our favorites of this year and next year for an entire week!

1) Tris from Divergent by Veronica Roth- What's not to love about this tiny girl with boatloads of courage? Tris captured my heart from the moment her story began. Her willpower to get through anything and her ability to rebel for what is right in the face of all sorts of danger is just incredible to read about.

2) Jamie from The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin- I loved Mara and Noah but for me, the shining star was Mara's bisexual, Jewish, black friend with an attitude. He had me the moment he questioned what other language he'd need to learn besides Parsel Tongue. His quick witted humor and cheeky nature made me giggle and I had eyes mostly for him.


3) Juliette from Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi- It seems like this was the year of kick butt heroines because Juliette is another perfect example. Though she was definitely a little unstable, the way she saw the world was incredible and I loved how even when she was dressed up she was still dangerous.

4) Evie from Paranormalcy by Kiersten White- Evie could also take care of herself but unlike the other two above her, she was also super fun. Her positive attitude and love of all things fashion made for some fun reading.

5) Anna from Anna Dressed In Blood by Kendare Blake- I had no doubt that Cas could take care of himself but Anna is the true hero of that story. Strong, tortured and trying hard to prove herself, Anna's several parts creepy and a little like a real girl too. Cas's quips made the story funny but it was Anna who had me needing to read that next chapter.

6) Tamani from Wings series by Aprilynne Pike- Oh my wicked, wicked little Tamani. I think he gets extra points for his willingness to keep trying even when Laurel appears to be a lost cause. I love how playful he is and how he's willing to step up and do anything to make sure Laurel and those closest to her are safe.

7) Beck from The Demon Trapper's Daughter by Jana Oliver- I fell head over heels for Beck's southern drawl and his rough around the edges attitude. Through his eyes we see how hard he tries at everything and how frustrated he is with himself and it's hard not to love him. Plus, I love that whole demon hunter thing and the heat between he and Riley is scorching.

8) Noah from The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin- I'm not sure if I'm physically capable with making any list and not adding Noah Shaw to it. He's one of those characters that I can't get out of my head. His lines come unbidden into my mind and make me laugh at all hours of the day and he's so incredibly cheeky it's hard not to fall in love!

9) Four from Divergent by Veronica Roth- As with Noah, Four is another character I just can't get out of my head. His calm demeanor and willingness to conquer his own fears so that they don't make him weak is just incredible. Plus, the intensity with which he trains the new group of Dauntless is wonderful. I loved watching Tris and Four learn to find and understand each other.

10) Ari from Darkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton- I'm not sure if you are sensing a theme here but this seems to be the year of amazing leading guys and their kick butt heroines. Ari is another character who is rough around the edges but can completely hold her own in the real world. Tough, a skilled fighter and pretty much without fear, Ari puts an entirely new spin on an orphan searching for their parents.

These are a few of my favorite characters this year though there are a whole slew I didn't even mention. Who did you choose?

5 comments:

  1. I loved Jamie and Noah from Mara Dyer, and Evie is pretty cool.

    My List: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/top-10-characters-in-2011-couples.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tris and Four. <3 I haven't read the other books - Although, Supernaturally! Yes, Evie was cool, if I recall correctly. *grin*

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your page. It's real alice in wonderland.
    I don't know any of the characters you've mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love so many of your choices! I also chose Anna, in part because she's "several parts creepy" - I couldn't help but hope she could overcome her tortured afterlife.

    Top 10 Book Characters of 2011
    Kelly | Radiant Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  5. hav not met them in bookworld yet but planning 2
    my top characters

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen