Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (63): Lucid, Transcendence and Croak

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you can post about upcoming books you're looking forward to. This is a wonderful chance for blogger to show off what's coming out soon that they are excited about! Every week my wishlist balloons thanks to this awesome meme.


Lucid by Adrienne Stoltz & Ron Bass

What if you could dream your way into a different life? What if you could choose to live that life forever? 
Sloane and Maggie have never met. Sloane is a straight-A student with a big and loving family. Maggie lives a glamorously independent life as an up-and-coming actress in New York. The two girls couldn't be more different - except for one thing. They share a secret that they can't tell a soul. At night, they dream that they're each other. 
The deeper they're pulled into the promise of their own lives, the more their worlds begin to blur dangerously together. Before long, Sloane and Maggie can no longer tell which life is real and which is just a dream. They realize that eventually they will have to choose one life to wake up to, or risk spiraling into insanity. But that means giving up one world, one love, and one self, forever. 
This is a dazzling debut that will still readers' hearts.
Why I need this: Doesn't this sound amazing? My hubby and I always talked about this idea of going to sleep and walking up in another life and which one was the real life. This seems to beg this question which I love!


Lucid is out July 19, 2012 from Razorbill.

Transcendence by C.J. Omololu

Love isn’t the only emotion to survive death . . . 
When a visit to the Tower of London triggers an overwhelmingly real vision of a beheading that occurred centuries before, Cole Ryan fears she is losing her mind. A mysterious boy, Griffon Hall, comes to her aid, but the intensity of their immediate connection seems to open the floodgate of memories even wider. 
As their feelings grow, Griffon reveals their common bond as members of the Akhet—an elite group of people who can remember past lives and use their collected wisdom for the good of the world. But not all Akhet are altruistic, and a rogue is after Cole to avenge their shared past. Now in extreme danger, Cole must piece together clues from many lifetimes. What she finds could ruin her chance at a future with Griffon, but risking his love may be the only way to save them both. 
Full of danger, romance, and intrigue, Transcendence breathes new life into a perpetually fascinating question: What would you do with another life to live?
Why I need this: This one looks like a really good read. I love that she has to look to the past to fix her life now. Can't wait!


Transcendence is out June 5, 2012 from Walker Childrens.


Croak by Gina Damico

Sixteen-year-old Lex Bartleby has sucker-punched her last classmate. Fed up with her punkish, wild behavior, her parents ship her off to upstate New York to live with her Uncle Mort for the summer, hoping that a few months of dirty farm work will whip her back into shape. But Uncle Mort’s true occupation is much dirtier than that of shoveling manure. 
He’s a Grim Reaper. And he’s going to teach her the family business. 
Lex quickly assimilates into the peculiar world of Croak, a town populated entirely by reapers who deliver souls from this life to the next. Along with her infuriating yet intriguing partner Driggs and a rockstar crew of fellow Grim apprentices, Lex is soon zapping her Targets like a natural born Killer. 
Yet her innate ability morphs into an unchecked desire for justice—or is it vengeance?—whenever she’s forced to Kill a murder victim, craving to stop the attackers before they can strike again. So when people start to die—that is, people who aren’t supposed to be dying, people who have committed grievous crimes against the innocent—Lex’s curiosity is piqued. Her obsession grows as the bodies pile up, and a troubling question begins to swirl through her mind: if she succeeds in tracking down the murderer, will she stop the carnage—or will she ditch Croak and join in?
Why I need this: Holy crap. I visited this author's website during the Scavenger Hunt and fell in love. I mean, seriously loved her humor and then I read the summary and was HOOKED! I can't wait. Is it March yet?


Croak is out March 20, 2012 from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. 


What are you waiting on this week?

15 comments:

  1. Awesome Picks. Transcendence and Croak both look really good. Adding them to my Goodreads. =] Thanks for Sharing.
    Here is My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. I haven't heard any of these books. They sound wonderful! Great picks! Thank you for sharing! Also, I like the cover of Lucid! :)

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea behind Lucid, I was often thinking about the same thing, to be honest. It sounds like a great read!

    My pick this week
    Vicky
    Books, Biscuits & Tea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics! I love the idea of Lucid! Dreaming of living another life. I'm adding it. Also I love grim reapers! Croak sounds unique and fun! Adding it too! So thanks for the great picks!

    Visit my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover of Lucid .... is AMAZING!! The blurbs of all your picks are interesting as always :)


    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  6. These books are looking awesome for next year. Even though I have Croak, I think the one I'm most excited for is Lucid. Kinda reminded me of The Matrix as soon as I read the synopsis. I don't know, that was just the first thing that popped up.

    Have an awesome reading week, Amber!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow how have I never heard of Transcendence before!? It sounds awesome!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  8. The titles are enchanting...sounds like a good trilogy.

    Here's MY WOW POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  9. These all sound REALLY amazing!! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome picks! Here is mine: http://wordsfeelingssilence.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday-pure-covenant-2-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Croak sounds like a cool book! A teen grim reaper is an interesting idea. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW: http://vanillahearts62.wordpress.com/2011/12/07/waiting-on-wednesday/

    ~Crystal @ Vanilla Hearts

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucid and Croak both sound amazing! I really need to read them. Great pick!
    Em
    My WOW
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice Picks! Craok looks really good - I have to give it a try! By the way I just LOVE your blog! :)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG I want to read Transcendence!!! Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i want all three!!!! :)

    stop by my WOW post?!

    http://www.lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen