Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: The Dollhouse Asylum

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you can post about upcoming books you're looking forward to. This is a wonderful chance for blogger to show off what's coming out soon that they are excited about! Every week my wishlist balloons thanks to this awesome meme.

The Dollhouse Asylum by Mary Gray
A virus that had once been contained has returned, and soon no place will be left untouched by its destruction. But when Cheyenne wakes up in Elysian Fields--a subdivision cut off from the world and its monster-creating virus--she is thrilled to have a chance at survival. 
At first, Elysian Fields,with its beautiful houses and manicured lawns, is perfect. Teo Richardson, the older man who stole Cheyenne's heart, built it so they could be together. But when Teo tells Cheyenne there are tests that she and seven other couples must pass to be worthy of salvation, Cheyenne begins to question the perfection of his world. 
The people they were before are gone. Cheyenne is now "Persephone," and each couple has been re-named to reflect the most tragic romances ever told. Everyone is fighting to pass the test, to remain in Elysian Fields. Teo dresses them up, tells them when to move and how to act, and in order to pass the test, they must play along. 
If they play it right, then they'll be safe. 
But if they play it wrong, they'll die.
The Dollhouse Asylum is out October 22nd 2013 by Spencer Hill Press.

Super high stakes combined with an interesting plot have me dying to read this one. I love the concept. Sounds so intriguing. This is a must read for me!

What are you waiting on this week?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for posting about my book! And I love your blog, especially since I just finished reading SPLINTERED, a gorgeous Alice in Wonderland retelling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! I cant wait for this one either! I absolutely adore the cover.

    Lauren @ Lose Time Reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good choice!! I've been following Mary's blog for a long time and I'm so excited to see her book getting published!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow this sounds so perfectly creepy and unique! Love it. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen