1) Sequel- If I love the first/second book in a series, I am always going to give the next one a try.Top Ten Words/Topics That Make Me Buy a Book
2) Circus- There is something about the combined creepiness and magic about a circus book that makes me want it.
3) Magic- Or magical. Anything that feels slightly out of this world.
4) A quote from an author I love- If an author I love likes a book enough to give it a quote, I will normally pick up what they blurb.
5) A contemporary that uses technology- I like contemporary novels that use technology to its fullest. Think the use of tapes in 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher.
This was a pretty tough topic for me because I buy a lot of different books for different reasons. I don't really have one topic I love to read about. If it sounds interesting, I'm going to pick it up!